Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visuals Not Refreshing Correctly in Power BI Service

Hi,

I've noticed the following in Power BI Service when I refresh the report and dashboard:

1. The "card" visual number does not change even though in Power BI Desktop and SQL have changed.

2. The "table" visual changed to what is reflected in Power BI Desktop and SQL. But when I refresh it again, it reverts back to the old data. It alternates between new and old data when refreshed.

In Power BI Desktop, I am using storage mode either DirectQuery or Mixed depending on report.

I noticed the discrepancy in the data displayed between the Power BI Service vs Power BI Desktop and SQL yesterday.

Appreciate your kind assistance on this matter. Thanks.

Best regards,
Mark V.

Hi @markefrody 

May I know how many tables in your model? How you create relationships for them and what are their storage modes?

Which fields did you use to create your Card visual and Table visual?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @markefrody 

May I know how many tables in your model? How you create relationships for them and what are their storage modes?

Which fields did you use to create your Card visual and Table visual?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

markefrody
Post Patron

Hi @v-cazheng-msft,

Thank you for your response. 

There is one table in my model. If you can see on the "Load Depart Ctn Terminal", the dates are 12/7 and 12/8 which are the latest dates if date today is 12/08.

markefrody_2-1638990659768.png

But in Power BI Service, if I refresh the report multiple times it shows old dates.

markefrody_5-1638991763580.png

No relationships

markefrody_3-1638991327803.png

Storage Mode is Direct Query

I can send you the pbix file and invite you to our Workspace if needed. Just let me know your email address and I'll add you. 

Best regards,
Mark V

markefrody
Post Patron

@v-cazheng-msft 

I also tried exporting it via excel using the visual displaying old data. Also exported visual displaying new data just to compare their connection. As per checking, they are both the same:

Connection of new data if data exported in Excel:

markefrody_0-1639160309331.png

Connection of old data when exported in Excel.

markefrody_1-1639160330997.png

I tried to refresh the pivot table for the Excel file containing the new data. Once refreshed it reverts back to the old data.

Also, I checked again the report in Power BI Desktop and the SQL data source and it is showing the new data. 

Please note that SQL data is in Rackspace, but my company recently availed of Azure Virtual Desktop and they mirrored the data from Rackspace. But now they disconnected Azure Virtual Desktop. I have not made any changes on the gateway connection updated in Power BI Service. So I'm unsure if this affected the data in Power BI Service.

Best regards,
Mark V.