Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visualizations sometimes don't show data from DirectQuery sources

Hi, 

I'm posting this in the issues topic, since I can't seem to figure out why I have this issue, but I keep having this. Please see the topic here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Data-not-shown-in-visualization/m-p/106493#M17380

Summary:

- There are two clustered column visualizations in my report, one with categories, one with subcategories.

- When clicking category A in visualization 1, the appropriate subcategory data is shown in visualization 2

- When clicking category B in visualization 1, for a particular subcategory, the data is shown as 0 (zero) in visualization 2

* When using import mode, the data IS shown correctly, so it's DirectQuery related (I use an "on-premise" SQL Server via Gateway)

* The issue also occurs with the Pie chart, (100% and normal) Stacked Bar chart and Funnel visualization

* The issue does NOT occur with the Area Chart, Multi-Row, Table, Line Chart

If I can help by providing more info, please let me know!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Furanity,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. How about the results after updating on-premise data gateway to the latest version?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Furanity
Helper I

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I have updated the gateway - although I already had the most recent version. It's a new server, freshly installed by the way, same goes for the SQL Server. This issue occurs on both my old server and my new server, so I have the impression it's related to the Power BI Service or the visualizations.

Kind regards,

Michel

Another screenshot where I selected "show data" (3446 in data, 0 in visualization):

image04.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Furanity,

I guess this should be related to machine or account specific. Please create a support ticket to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted