Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visual with field parameters error retrieving summarized data

Hi,
I Have a visual in a report published in the power bi service.
The visual, a matrix,  uses  field parameters in the rows and values.
When trying to export summarized data from the service i get an excel file containing only the columns (and none of the row fields or values) of the table.
Thank you for looking into the issue.

Hi @Lorenzo_A 

I tried to restore your test scene, but it failed. Can you provide the detailed steps for the operation ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Lorenzo_A 

I tried to restore your test scene, but it failed. Can you provide the detailed steps for the operation ? 

Best Regards,

Lorenzo_A
Frequent Visitor

HI Ailsa,
Thank you for the quick repsonse.
The matrix in question uses field parameters for rows and values. The columns come from a date table.
In the second image, the excel output from exporting summarized data. Only the columns appear in the excel file. Interestingly, when exporting data with current layout the output comes out correctly as expected.
Thank you!Table strucutreTable strucutreexcel outputexcel output

Lorenzo_A
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft 
Should i provide the dax code ised to create the field parameters table? i used the wizard.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Lorenzo_A 

I exported data with both summarized data format and current layout format , the result is as shown below . I also put the field in field parameter . What are your expected export formats ? 

Ailsamsft_0-1655890446839.png

Best Regards,

Lorenzo_A
Frequent Visitor

HI Ailsa,
Thank for the reply. I can see that it works on your end.
When exporting summarized data this my output. There are 2 filed paramters called All_dimensions for rows and Values_parameter for values. You can see i selected Product family and revenue respectively, but the excel does not contain any of that data.
export result.PNG.
I would expect those columns to be in the excel file consistently with the results you attached.