Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visual minimum height is only 65 with new visual headers turned on

With the July update for visual headers turned on, I am only able to reduce the height of my visuals to 65. Existing visuals with a hight smaller than 65 are not affected unless resized. This makes it difficult to add report footer text as there is unusable whitespace at the bottom of the report.

image.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mattchaplin,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.60.5169.4101 64-bit (July 2018), though we turn on the visual header for textbox, we can set the height to 40 value. Please ensure you are running the latest Power BI desktop version as ours. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

mattchaplin
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft,

Thank you for your reply. I am using version 2.60.5169.4101 64-bit (July 2018). I do see that I am able to manually set the height as low as 40, but it will only go as low as 65 when resizing with the mouse by clicking and dragging. Furthermore, prior to the update I was able to create visuals with a height as small as 33. 40 is much better than 65, but still leaves some unuseable whitespace at the bottom with small text. It also seems like a bug that the visuals cannot be dragged to the minimum height and need to have the property set manually.

Thanks,

Matt