Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visual failing to load due to function I'm not using

I've posted this on the forums and had no success, so I'm filing my issue here.

I work for an irrigation development company. The visual in question is a matrix with information like dam names, water storage levels, differences, and so on.

On the online report, the visual fails to load with the following error message:Screenshot from 2017-08-23 12-08-49.png

This does not happen in the desktop version of PowerBI and the visual loads fine.

I'm not using the ADDMISSINGITEMS function anywhere in the report, and only one table has a column named 'Dam Type' (which the visual has a lookup for). The table is constructed with the formula 

DataDamCW = FILTER(DataDamAll, NOT(ISBLANK([Dam ID])) && RELATED(Calendar[IsCurrentWeek]))

and the table containing 'Dam Type' has a *:1 relation on DamDataAll.

The data sources are a SharePoint list (dam info, the lookup table) and an Excel spreadsheet hosted on SharePoint (for the actual data). The current week data is a filtered version of the Excel data.

Below are the relations between the relevant tables:

- DataDamCW and InfoDam are linked on Dam ID/ID, a unique integer for each dam.

- InfoDam and DataDamAll are linked on Dam ID;

- DamDataAll and CalendarMeasures are connected on the date.

Screenshot from 2017-08-24 13-32-18.png

I don't know when this issue started as I was on leave when it first occurred, but it may have been sometime around April or May (definitely after Feburary).

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@alextas

Is it possible to share your PBIX file through online file service like OneDrive to me?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

alextas
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft I've sent you my .pbix. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@alextas

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 46240645
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@alextas

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

We are following up on our end with a bug which will likely ship with the November release. There are workarounds specified as below.

- turn off ShowItemsWithNoData for the rows

- remove DamType from the matrix

- change the model to not have Dam be sorted by DamType

Best Regards,
Herbert

alextas
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Fantastic, thanks. I'll try the workarounds and post again if I have issues.