Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visual Level filters broken in Power BI Desktop Optimized for Report Server (May 2019)

Hello,

The Visual level Filter pane is gone since the May update to the Power BI Desktop Optimized for Report Server. The Filter pane is missing from the list. Also, the 'new' filter pane is not working properly. For the page level filter (green box), everything is working correctly and I can drag new fields into it. For the visual level (red box), dragging a field into it doesn't do anything (the other filter was added months ago when everything was still working).

https://imgur.com/F3RVihk

If you need more info, just ask!

Visual Level bug

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kijgkijdds

Based on my test with the Power BI desktop optimized for report server version 2.69.5467.1801 64-bit (May 2019), the new filter pane experience isn't available. The old visual level filter pane keep displaying when we select the visual. Would you please double check your Power BI desktop version? 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

kijgkijdds
Frequent Visitor

I am 100% certain I have the correct version: May 2019 Report Server Optimized (Version: 2.69.5467.1801 64-bit (May 2019) on the about page). However, the problem only seems to show up when I open an existing report. New reports do have the visual level filter pane.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kijgkijdds

The "existing report" you mentioned should be created by normal Power BI desktop version instead of the Power BI desktop optimized for report server, right? 

It's not recommended to open the reports created by normal Power BI desktop version then open it in Power BI desktop optimized for report server, as some features supported in normal desktop but not available yet in desktop for report server, for example, the new filter pane in this scenario. 

For more information, you can go through this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/install-powerbi-desktop

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu