Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Visual Header Tooltips Does Not Respect Icon Color

The new visual header tooltips feature that was released in the latest update has a major flaw. It does not obey the icon color selection in the header pane. The color for the visual header tooltip cannot be changed. Due to this, this feature cannot be used at all in dark themed reports, as the icon is not visible at all.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vega

Would you please share more information about "this feature cannot be used at all in dark themed reports, as the icon is not visible at all."? 

Please provide the json file of the dark theme, also please share the screenshot about how icon is no visible. Please note do not include sensitive information in json and screenshot. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

vega
Resolver III

The theme that I am using is the Acterys Planning theme found in the Theme Gallery. Here is the screenshot:

Annotation 2019-06-18 091438.jpg

As you can see, the icon does not change color. The icon color is set to white, and you can see all the other icons (yellow) are white like they should be, with the exception of the report tooltip header, which stay black. Because of this, it is not visible in a dark report.

vega
Resolver III

@v-qiuyu-msft, any updates to this?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vega

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 129857715. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vega

The fix should already be deployed to the production service. It will also ship in the July release of PBI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

vega
Resolver III

This is great to hear, I will test it out on the July update and update this thread with my findings. Thank you!

vega
Resolver III

I can confirm with the latest update that this is now working. Thank you!