Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visual Header Tooltip Works Perfectly in PBI Desktop but Does Not Work in PBI Service

I created a visual header tooltip that works perfectly in PBI Desktop for a slicer (See below). 

v-mpurvis_0-1616004453694.png

In PBI Service that same visual header tooltip does not work (See below). 

v-mpurvis_1-1616004545099.png

Troubleshooting tasks performed:

Making the Slicer Bigger.

Removing other slicers and visuals from around the slicer. 

Recreating the slicer.

Deleting the existing published report from PBI Service and publishing it from scratch. 

Uninstalling and Reinstalling PBI Desktop. 

Any number of combinations of the above tasks. 

Please help and get this fixed for the next version of PBI. 

Comments
Jim_B
Frequent Visitor

I'm NOT seeing this fixed.  I continue to have to use the workaround.  Am I missing something?   Below are from a report in desktop and in PBI service.  I applied the workaround after the 2nd screen shot (changed font size) and that does work.   

Jim_B_0-1616776109505.png

Jim_B_1-1616776168928.png

mike_honey
Memorable Member

Chaos! Reports that seemed fixed on Friday are now all broken again.  I checked a mix of files published since then using Power BI Desktop and others that haven't been touched in months - all are broken.

I swear I saw it working, and others confirmed they saw it too. The only explanation I can offer my audience is shoddy DevOps or CI work by Microsoft.  I hope it can be re-fixed soon.

Millions of users are relying on this service as their key decision-making tool, directly affecting millions more people and the flow of billions of dollars. Given that context, I'm continually surprised and disappointed at how loose the DevOps / CI work is by the Power BI Team.

mike_honey
Memorable Member

... aaaannd now its working again (in the web service, for both old reports and those published just now, US West, Singapore and Melbourne tenants).

Hopefully that's the end of it.