Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Visual Displays Wrong Text when Duplicate Spelling Exists with Different Capitalization

I have a table in my import data model called Schools, that contains school information for our customers. There is a customer identifier in the table called LEA_ID. I have two customers that both have a school called "Lafayette Middle School", but one of the customers (LEA 2200870) is all capitals in my DW, and the other customer (LEA 7999979) is camel case. No matter what I've tried in the PBI visual, the all capital text is displayed for both LEAs. This is causing a lot of concern for my customer because they are looking at their school setup and their school name is not capitalized, but it shows up capitalized in all of our reports.PBI View.PNGSQL View.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @peytonmcbrayer,

Would you please share the pbix file with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

peytonmcbrayer
Advocate I

PM sent

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @peytonmcbrayer,

Thanks for your report. I'm not very clear where the issue is, would you please clarify it for me? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

peytonmcbrayer
Advocate I

There are two schools in the SQL table that are spelled exactly the same, but one is camel case and the other is in all caps.   The same school record in all caps shows up for both schools in Power BI.  The snip below is from the SQL server that loads the PBI data set.  

SQL View.PNG

peytonmcbrayer
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft   Is there any update on this?   Do I need to submit a support ticket?