Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visio visual loading error when offline

I am using the custom visual "Visio" in Power BI Desktop version: 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017).

When I am connected to the internet and open a PBIX with the "Visio" visual, I can sign-in and start interacting with the visual.

When I disconnect from the internet and stay on the same page, I can continue interacting with the "Visio" visual.

But when I switch to a different page with the "Visio" visual, I get this error message:

PBIDESK_Error.JPG

The details of the error are:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2017-11-27T00:19:05.0976026Z

Local Time:
2017-11-27T11:19:05.0976026+11:00

Release:
November 2017

Product Version:
2.52.4921.682 (PBIDesktop) (x64)

Error Message:
Error occured during loading.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CefSharpFramework.Exceptions.CefLoadErrorException: Error occured during loading. ---> System.Exception: Error Code Id: -105 Error Code Name: NameNotResolved Error Text: Error Code Id: {0} Error Code Name: {1} Error Text: {2}
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CefSharpFramework.CefWebBrowser.<>c__DisplayClass13.<OnLoadError>b__12()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

Invocation Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.FeedbackErrorInfo..ctor(String message, Exception exception)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWin32Window activeWindow, WindowsHost windowsHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass1.<HandleException>b__0()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3.<SendAndMarshalExceptions>b__0(Object null)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.WindowManager.ShowDialog[T](T form, IWin32Window owner)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClassb.<Main>b__0()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass7.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__6()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.16299.0 (x64 en-US)

When I close the error window, the "Map" visual on the right-hand side will finish loading. The "Visio" visual on the top left will stay blank.

Could you please allow the "Visio" visual to cache its results locally? Then users can demonstrate this visual without requiring a constant internet connection.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm afraid this is how Visio works for now. You can create or vote on an idea here. Maybe we can get it in the near feature.Visio visual loading error when offline.png

Please don't post confidential information!

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dale, I've raised an Idea.

The example shown has dummy data.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered