Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visio custom visual loses focus of current node

I have created a visio custom visual in the latest version of power BI (Sept 2017). Rendering the diagram is fine and I can select a node within the diagram to filter other visuals on the page but as soon as I click on anything else on the power bi page, the selected node in the viso diagram is lost so my filtering of the other visuals is also lost - can this be fixed please?

I raised this with visio team (tellvisio@microsoft.com) but there response is this is down to PowerBI:

" For your first query on focus getting lost, this is a Power BI behavior and Visio custom visual is not playing any role here."

from roshah@microsoft.com

Hope you can address this as the custom vis would be a great asset if it can be used to navigate/filter a dataset.

Thanks.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Frampers,

The latest Power BI desktop version is 2.51.4885.581. Based on my test, when I select a node in a visio diagram, the table visual is filtered correspondingly. If I click on any other blank area in this report page, the selection isn't losing. 

In your scenario, which detail step you perform " as soon as I click on anything else on the power bi page"? Please try the latest desktop version 2.51.4885.581 and try again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Frampers
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I'm using 2.51.4885.701.

I'm trying to test it again but now having problems connecting to the visio diagram. When I open the power BI project I get the Sharepoint Sign In prompt on the custom visual but then a blank dialog appears as shown in the attached. Do I need to raise this as a separate issue?

SharePoint SignIn Blank Screen 20171025.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Frampers,

You needn't to create a separate thread. I can reproduce this issue, and already reported it internally: CRI 50328717. Will update here once get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Frampers
Frequent Visitor

Seems to be fixed having moved to November 2017 release of Power BI desktop.

But now have another problem. I have imported a visio diagram that contains 420 nodes - when I zoom in to see the labels on the nodes, they are out of focus - snippet image attached.Large node diagram out of focus in Visio Custom Viz.PNG

Shakun
Regular Visitor

Hello @Frampers,

Will you be able to share your Visio file with me at tellvisio[at]microsoft[dot]com? You can strip off any confidential data if you want, but please try to retain the shapes. I am basically looking for data around number of shapes in the file, in addition to the 420 nodes that you mentioned.

Thanks,

Shakun

Program Manager, Visio

Frampers
Frequent Visitor

Hi Shakun,

Do you want the visio file or the Excel template the data is loaded from?

Mark

Shakun
Regular Visitor

Thanks for sharing the files Mark!

I will get back to you on this.

Thanks,

Shakun

Frampers
Frequent Visitor

This is now fixed. I upgraded the Power BI Desktop (there is a second release for November, I went from 64-bit version 2.52.4921.581 to 2.52.4921.682) and focus now works when zooming in on large networks. Thanks!