Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visio Visual Value Field is blank when a format string is specified for a Calculation Item

When we use a Visio visual in Power BI desktop, the value filed which we drag to the value field section does not get updated in the Visio Visual as shown below. We have noticed that this happens if a format string is specified in a calculation item of a calculation group. When the format string expression is removed from the calculation item, the Vision Visual displays the value field properly. This happens even if the calculation group is not used in the report page.

Vision Visual Issue with CG.png

A short video of the issue and the demo pbix file can be downloaded from the link below.

Download Link 

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi :

According to my research in the ICM, it seems that there is a similar issue, here’s the ICM ID: 234485284

In the latest updated information from PG, the development team has found the root cause and try to assign it to someone from the team.

I will update here once I get any further information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Gopa
Advocate II

Hi @v-robertq-msft Thank you for the update. Hope this is resolved at the earliest. 

Gopa
Advocate II

@v-robertq-msft 

Hi

is there any update on this issue?

alexrobe
Advocate III

Can we have an updated status?

Thanks!