Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Version: 2.100.1182.0 64-bit (december 2021) - ETL issues

Hello,

Because of this issue, I installed to the newest Power BI Desktop version Version: 2.100.1182.0 64-bit (december 2021)

Unfortunatly I'm facing new issues. For example:

- refreshing larger tables in Power BI desktop is very slow and will most likely crash. 

Refresh all takes +-20 min and will crash. Refreshing a single large table (2.2 mil rows) will take +-20 min and will crash. 

MySQL: Fatal error encountered during command execution.

After several tries, I managed to refresh the table and then everything refreshed as normal.

A couple of hours before installing this version, this was working perfectly. Was using initial december 2021 version.

RefreshCrash.PNG

- Power BI Service not refreshing. Pretty much all my larger datasets didn't refresh.

RefreshCrash2.PNG

- Refresing in Power Query is the same.

RefreshCrash3.PNG

- Instead of ticks of 5k-7k rows refresh, I now get ticks of 300-400 rows. So a refresh of a couple of million rows takes forever. Even wired connection at the office doesn't increase this.

RefreshCrash4.PNG  

These are all actions that I could do before without any problems. At the moment I can only do them with a lot of attempts or in parts (no union/append from tables).

So I'm not sure if I'm still having the issues I had from my previous post, but now some other issues are added.

Am I the only one experiencing these issues?

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Whether there is the detailed error message in refresh history or gateway settings when refresh failed, you can click 'Show details' in these panes to find it.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

PVO3
Impactful Individual

@v-robertq-msft thanks for your reply

It looks like a temporary issue. I will test it again, and will give an update this week.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi

In my opinion, if you want to get a solution for this kind of intermittent problem as soon as possible, I suggest you to open a support ticket to get direct help from the technical support team of Microsoft to have a remote session them to help you to make sure if this is an issue existing in the Power BI.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

PVO3
Impactful Individual

@v-robertq-msft it appears to be an incident. Bit strange it started exactly after installing the new version.

It is still very slow, but I guess appending is slow in general. Seems like SQL UNION ALL is more likely to crash than append in Power Query.

This topic can be considered solved. Thanks!

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

OK, thanks for your response!

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered