Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Using Project Online as a data source - fields missing in BI

Last year I was able to connect to the Project Online content pack and have the dataset/report/dashboard added to my Workspace for editing.  Also, the "App" in Power BI would load the data properly.

Now, when trying to show someone else how to connect to the Project Online Content Pack, they are able to authenticate, but there are errors showing up and none of the tiles/data loads.  I tried adding the content pack again for myself and I'm encountering the same issues.  Is the connector broken?

Error:

Couldn't load the data for this visual
The expression referenced column 'LocalDateTable_80ff9afc-c5b2-4877-8475-4909b67cb82b'[Year] which does not hold any data because it needs to be recalculated or refreshed.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 5fcd85d9-8b6e-4922-97c9-83b5967f0b4f
Request ID: 7e485433-e0de-efcd-df7f-076ccf849ff6
Correlation ID: 70263880-b883-ec08-3d1a-8503e515bcbf
Time: Fri Feb 01 2019 11:39:42 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.8309.124
Cluster URI: https://df-msit-scus-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Comments
Andree

I have the same issue

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@asavadians @Andree,

Do you get timeout error message if you manually refresh the project online dataset? If so, the issue could be caused by that you hit the Power BI default timeout of 2 hours. If refresh takes longer than 2 hours, Power BI will hit a timeout and refresh will fail, which will also casue load error. This is by design. 

Please connect to Project Online pbit  in Power BI Desktop or connect to Project Online through OData in Power BI Desktop, split your dataset into multiple datasets and check if you still get errors.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info