Today I noticed an issue where a report was faling.
This report was using an Oracle View and has been working fine up until today. It can return at most 20k rows. The report has been in service for over 2 years using the same view.
Running the same view in Oracle takes less than 90 seconds but the PBI Desktop or Service will time out after 1 hour with a Oracle: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation.
I've switched the report to embed the query directly in the report and that works, the report refreshes in under 2 minutes.
We are using Oracle 19c.
I did notice when the desktop was accessing oracle the sessions showed at least 15 Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.exe programs being used within Oracle while using the view.
When the query was used in the PBI report only 2 Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.exe showed up.
This is troubling as we have many reports that use a view to access the data and this is not even a large one.
According to my research, it seems to be a common issue existing in the Oracle connection with the Power BI.
This is an existing idea, you can vote for it:
For more suggestions, please refer to these links:
Thank you very much!
Community Support Team _Robert Qin
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.