Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Usage metrics not wroking 2019 July

Hi there

I have noticed Usage Metrics  are not updating recently.

It might have something to do with new wrokspace.

Regards

Niasha

Comments
dannypowerbi
Frequent Visitor

I have also noticed that my usage metrics have not updated since last Friday (June 28th)

LCOMBE
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

This is the same for me (France) it does not work.

Is someone as any update about this problem ?

Thanks,

Lucie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi;

Same issue here too, old workspaces seem to continue to display expected usage whilst new workspaces do not show confirmed usage.

Cheers

Phil

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Do you mean the issue happen with Usage Metrics in Power BI Admin portal? 

q4.PNG

If it is, the same issue has been reported internally: CRI 128743386. Please revisit the admin usage metrics tab in the admin portal. This should cause the dashboard to reinitialize and the issue should be resolved. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

LCOMBE
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

On my side the issue is on this part below.

Is it the same for others ? And also when I come on the admin portal i don't have many option (only capacity setting).

Thanks a lot for your support,

Have a nice day,

Lucie

Capture 3.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

For me the issue is not in the admin portal. It is with the usage metrics associated with reports/dashboards within a workspace.

It seems to be because these metrics now have a default filter applied to the DashboardGuid when created, previously they did not.

Kind regards

Phil

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @LCOMBE 

To note you should be able to work round this by saving a copy of the usage metrics report to the workspace then editing the report and removing the filter. Hopefully this default filter is removed from the metrics reports in the future.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Phil

LCOMBE
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Anonymous ,

Thanks for your help! Unfortuntly it does not work for me. In fact, only "my views" appear (and I know other poeple have seen it...). More over now I have this error message ...

Thansk for your help, I really appreciate !

Have a nice day,

Lucie

Capture 2.png

niasha
Advocate III

there are a few issues with Usage Metrics. 

1.Usage metrics for each App is not updated anymore.

It only shows developer access through worksapace.

I assume new work space has something to do with this. I have tried to update some old worksapace apps to new work space by unpublishing and publishing App.

I think their data modling is not correct. there is a blank GUID when you save usage metric report and look at report level filter as shown below.

UMf.PNG

let me know your solution

2.you can create a usage metric report by clicking on the sign. if you delete that report, you get error mesassage when you want to see usage metric.

I have tried unpublish and publishing report. It is not working

um.PNG

let me know your solution

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there-

I believe I am having the same issue.

I initially had a report that I gave specific users access to and the usage metrics report was working fine. Then, I updated it so that I shared the report with the entire app, and now my usage metrics report is not updating with the new viewers. I know that people from the app have viewed the report, but it is not showing any new users since 6/28/2019.

This morning, I removed the specific users' access. Is there something else I should do so that I can see my app viewers?

Thanks!

Bre