cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage metrics are not updating anymore

Hi,

Could you please investigate this issue.

In Power BI service, the usage metrics have stopped updating since 7th September on most reports, I also have other reports which has data up untill August, I clicked refresh but do not see any update to the data.

I have checked with the admin and the usage metrics feature is turned on.

Both default usage metrics and custom copy of the usage metric have same issue.

I have also created some new reports, and the result in the the usage metrics reports shows blank, even though I know it is being used by users.

You can also search and see that other users have reported the same problem in Power BI service.

Thank you for looking into this.

AbhishekH

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AbhishekH,

Please go to related dataset of the saved usage metrics report, check when is the last refresh time. 

p1.PNG

Please share detail information, eg: where is your Power BI data stored, you can click button"?" -> About Power BI. Please share the report ID which have issue, you can find report ID inside of the report URL. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

AbhishekH
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Please find details below.

As per your suggestion, all the reports I have, are showing latest dates on them when I checked under the datasets tabs, as mentioned above.

I have not installed any data gateway. the reports are designed using data from excel sheets and published from Power BI desktop to respective workspaces.

In the About section of Power BI it says the data is stored in North Central US (Illinois) .

following are the report ids: I am only listing few, as almost all reports/dashboards I have where - usage metrics are not updating

3d367fa6-002a-4878-a660-c3e148cadc97

f01c3f8b-c2e5-4f0d-b1f7-e2a2366708a0

6e0c8bab-83ac-46c5-9a48-6fc66d5856da

Please let me know if you require additional details.

Kind regards,

AbhishekH

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AbhishekH,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 48805662. Will update here once get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

AbhishekH
Advocate II

thank you @v-qiuyu-msft @Vicky_Song for reporting this.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AbhishekH,

Please check if the Usage metrics report is showing usages on 10/3 and 10/4. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AbhishekH,

Update from PG team: 

We are deploying a fix this Friday. After the fix, the customer should be able to see the usage on 10/3 and 10/4. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

AbhishekH
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft @Vicky_Song I was on holiday and I did not have access to check.

I checked it today and it is working now, and shows the data for all the dates. so, all good. thank you.

UOLandrewdale
Advocate I

issue is now showing on the PBI service status webpage

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

PBISERVICESTATUS.PNG