Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Usage analytics app asks for Pro licence when it shouldn't

Hey guys,

I came across a problem with Power BI online: when I try to re-install the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics app, it says I have to have a Pro licence (picture below).

image.png

I say re-install, because I already had it in my collection, but after I put my tenant ID in, it didn't do anything. I know, sometimes takes a while, but I waited about a week for any reports or tiles to appear, without any luck.

To make things even more complicated, my colleagues used the Adoption Preview to create the usage reports of our company on their own PBI, but as far as I know, the Usage Analytics is its successor (and the AP is not available anymore). Which I'd like to be the case, but so far, very little luck.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Gabor

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@wtfiGabor 

You may take a look at Install & distribute template apps.

wtfiGabor

@v-chuncz-msft 

As I mentioned before, I installed said app once already, so I know how to do it. They do say you need BI Pro license to use apps, but that is just wrong, since many of my coworkers use apps with BI Free license. Unless I'm mistaken, the article you sent me was updated in September, but I only started my BI account in December, without any major problem.

I appreciate the effort tho, thank you!