Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Usage Metrics not updating/refreshing

Hi All,

We have found that the report usage metrics are not updating. The last date we have is 18/07/2019. We are based in the Asia-Pacific. I have tried to refresh the tiles but does not affect the results.

It seems a similar issue has been reported in the past but was resolved.

Thanks,

Andrew

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

same here

rexii23
Advocate I

same problem here too

kbax

Our usage metrics have last been updated on the 21st July. In the APAC region.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here too - after initially encountering inconsistent capture of metrics across my reports, I now have no metrics since July 18th

I lodged a support ticket last week with Microsoft re the inconsistent metrics and was told:

After reaching out to product team get to know that this issue is bug that has been face by many customers.

Feature team is aware of this issue and Investigation is currently ongoing.

And the issue will be fixed at the end of the month

I wasn't given a specific date for the fix. 

There are numerous threads over time that refer to missing usage metrics.   It's somewhat frustrating that Microsoft won't issue a formal statement on the current state of affairs - particularly given that recently updated articles are being posted to promote the use of these metrics - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-usage-metrics

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I found a similar issue already reported internally: CRI 135065756. We need to confirm below things firstly to check if it's the same issue:  

1. Is the original report in a Classic Workspace or a New/Modern workspace?
  2. Does the customer get any Usage Metric data at all in their Usage Metric Report? (i.e. are they seeing data for the Workspace or Mobile 'Distribution Method' filter?)

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case, our reports are made available to users through an app that uses the new navigation builder

There are no usage metrics at all for any report since 18th July.  I have tried running reports myself through app; workspace and mobile app - all result in no metrics

rexii23
Advocate I

For us:

1. New/Modern workspace

2. seeing metrics data for one report until 19 Jul 2019 and another one until 21 Jul 2019 in one workspace. Another Classic workspace appears to have just updated.

also experiencing usage stats going to an 'old' GUID of the report. After crash recovery, new file with new GUID is created and then published into the service overwriting the old file. Had to save a copy of the usage report with filter set to the old GUID.

ajerovich
Advocate II

Hi Qiuyun,

Thanks for getting back to me. In response to your questions:

1. Is the original report in a Classic Workspace or a New/Modern workspace?
    1. I believe it is a Modern workspace
  2. Does the customer get any Usage Metric data at all in their Usage Metric Report? (i.e. are they seeing data for the Workspace or Mobile 'Distribution Method' filter?)
    1. We can see usage metrics when we access the usage metric report but the metrics have not been counting activity as far as we can tell since the 18th (the 18th being the last date on the latest report). We know that views have occurred since then as we have been checking the report ourselves almost everyday.

Thanks,

Andrew

Kiwi
Regular Visitor

We're having the same issue over here in NZ

lalthan
Resolver II

Same problem here (South East Asia). I have logged Support ticket with MS. User Metrics is not updated after 17th July 2019