Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Usage Metrics not recording all visitors

People told me that they have viewed my report in Powerbi.com, but I don't see any records in the Usage Metrics with their names. I also noticed that my visits via the Mobile App are not reported at all in the Usage Metrics.

Comments
MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

I have noticed the same thing.  Some not recording July at all.  

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eyoskan,

Which method do these person view the report are not recorded in report usage metrics? Do they view the report from a app workspace or shared with me? 

Which Power BI mobile app do they use to view the report, iOS, Android, or Windows apps? 

@MEEnergy Would you please share detail information so we can try to reproduce it? It can take up to 24 hours for data to update. Please test again after 24 hours from activity occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

eyoskan
Frequent Visitor

I use IOS app in both iPhone & iPad and it never records my activities on those devices. Others  also use it via PC but it doesn’t always records, I think they use the Shared with me or a direct link I send to them.

I have waited more tHan 24 hours before but activities never record.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eyoskan,

Please go to Audit Log, check if there are records for these activities. 

I have share the report and view it via shared with me by other user on PC. Will check if the report usage metrics display this activity next week. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eyoskan,

I check the usage metrics report, the activity mentioned in my previous post "I have share the report and view it via shared with me by other user on PC." is recorded. 

I have viewed the report via Power BI app ios version, will check usage metrics report tomorrow. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 79013315. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I would like to double confirm you are accessing from the mobile app and not mobile browser.

Also make sure that under setting on the mobile app "Allow Microsoft to collect anonymous usage data" option is turned on. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

eyoskan
Frequent Visitor

Yes I am using the mobile app.

The Send Usage Data was off. I have now turned it on. Let's see if it register my usage now. Is this setting on by default or each user need to manually switch it on?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eyoskan,

Based on my test, this option is turned off by default, we need to turn it on manually. 

How about the result after turning this option on? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu