Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Upgrade Support for R version 4.0.2 and keep it updated to the latest version

Hi,

Lovely to be able to use the R visual i Power BI.
But please do keep the R support updated according to lates version oc the R open as MS i promoting this.
It is very annoying when you designing a R visualization and the it doesn't show as expected i Power BI Service, because the version supported in Service isn't the latest.
KR 
Lotta

Hi @LottaCa 

According to the latest official document on R visual, the most current version of R supported in Desktop and Service is version: 3.4.4 and there are some limitations for R visuals in Power BI. Indeed, it’s not the latest version of R version. Please consider submitting your idea in Power BI Ideas or voting for similar ideas. And currently, please edit your scripts based on the version 3.3.4. Thanks in advance!

vcazhengmsft_0-1642141017661.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @LottaCa 

According to the latest official document on R visual, the most current version of R supported in Desktop and Service is version: 3.4.4 and there are some limitations for R visuals in Power BI. Indeed, it’s not the latest version of R version. Please consider submitting your idea in Power BI Ideas or voting for similar ideas. And currently, please edit your scripts based on the version 3.3.4. Thanks in advance!

vcazhengmsft_0-1642141017661.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

LottaCa

Thanks for an answer that doesn't gave anything.

I do concider this to be an issue that is not delivered or resolved.
Giving an answer that have the same information I can find myself on MS pages does not help.

It is definately an issue if services isn't updated with the latest R version. A miminum requirement for any system is that it is updated with latest versions of it's components - third party or not.
Obviously all the ideas to update the R version in Services that are present in the power bi ideas site, is not concidered as one - although they all are concerning the issue of Power Bi service not being updated with the latest R version support.
So it will be difficult to get all votes needed - a good way for Microsoft not having to deal with the issue in any hurry. 
Please do not respond by giving public information (we all already have read) or a suggestion to set up a new idea in the Power BI ideas forum, as it clearly isn't concidered as same as all the other ideas of updating the R version in Power BI Service.
A somewhat more informative answer would be appreciated.

KR 

Lotta

oduilln
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this? The answer from @v-cazheng-msft provides no information, is not helpful, and should not have been marked as an answer to the question.

Could we updates on when R will be updated to a version newer than 5 years old please