Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Update bookmark 'impossible'

Don't know what is causing it, but when I try to update a bookmark and I right click (or press the 3 dots) in the bookmark pane, the windows shows itself. However, before I can click 'update', it disappears on its own. It shows itself for just but a fraction of a second. 

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@DouweMeer ,

I have made a test but could not reproduce this issue on my side. The update button works well and will not disappear after a fraction of a second. My version is 2.81.5831.821 64-bit (May 2020). Please make sure you have updated power bi to the latest version.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks for reponding. 

Can you perhaps check something for me in the May version. When you click the 2 arrow keys in the bottom left to scroll through the dashboards you created, there should be a pop-up when you right click it instead of left. This seems to be no longer working in the April version. Is this fixed in the May version as well?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@DouweMeer ,

I'm confused on your description, could you please share some snapshots? Do mask the sensitive data.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy

@v-yuta-msft 

Print screen:

Untitled.png

When you would right click the red box, a menu would pop open where you can select a certain page. This looks like it is broken in the current version. So far I can sort of work as I work in most of my report with a lot of bookmarks, but I no longer have an overview on all my pages. One of my reports even has 116 pages. 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
@DouweMeer , I could reproduce it in the may version. This can be considered as a "by-design" issue, if you think this modification is not user-friendly, I would suggest you create an idea here to help power bi improve. Regards, Jimmy Tao
DouweMeer
Post Prodigy

@v-yuta-msft If you say 'by design', would that mean that they purposely removed the functionality? 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@DouweMeer ,

Sorry for late, actually I'm not sure if the product team will remove this feature. Anyway, I will report this issue internally and update here when I got any response. Thank you for your contribution.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@DouweMeer ,

According to this similar thread, this bug will be fixed in june version.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy

@v-yuta-msft How does it come that all community supporters claim initially it is not an 'bug' but rather 'design' that caused it? I find this kinda disturbing. It sounds like people are getting tired in certain questions because the answers is always the same... except for this one. 

Is there a protocol on this, or perhaps shared among each other when issues pop-up? Or do you just google the forum better than we do and follow the lead on others (even if their assumption is wrong)?