Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Update app bug

This is so ridiculous of new app interface. you should have given of option select the old interface since when you are not worthy of giving updates.

gma_0-1662352603731.png

Fix has been deployed.

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @gma,

It’s a known issue that you may not able to update apps in the new app experience cause the organizational app updates now enforce the document limit of 100 users or groups. Public documentation already documents a limit of 100 users or groups to whom the app may be shared. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#considera....  Previously the product group were not enforcing this limit due to a bug. Recently, they started enforcing this limit. Some customers who update their app and have shared it to more than 100 users previously will run into an issue when updating the app. They are aware of this issue and are increasing the share-user limit to 1000 and that change is deploying to the product environment and will be finished before Mid September.

Currently, please try this workaround: The workaround is provided in the documentation itself. • You can have at most 100 users or groups in the access list for the app. However, you can give more than 100 users access to the app. To do so, use one or more user groups that contain all the desired users.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

gma
Frequent Visitor

I am trying to provide access to one user for the existing App but still the error is coming and also i am unable to add new report to the app. Can you tell me why?
and also we want unlimit user access to App because we dont want to create groups.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Fix has been deployed.