Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Undo Dashboard Changes in Power BI

How does a user undo a mistake in Power BI when working iwth a dashboard (or any visual within POwer BI)? 

EXAMPLE

USER: Oops I accidnetally dragged the tile border to far and everything on my Dashboard is out of place now, where is teh undo because pressi g CTL+Z does not undo this?

ME(Power BI Designer): Thats a really good question. 

Yes they can manually resize everything and try to put it back but that answer will be followed with the statement

"You must be joking! Undo has been a key part of Windows based applications for decades but now its no longer an included piece of functionality. Does it require some advanced PRO version license upgrade or something to get it back?"

I understand the limitaions of Web based design but user mistakes aka the "ooops" moment needs to be a key part of any application design. 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@edcarden 

To help improve Power BI, you may leave a comment and vote this idea up.

Robinjt
Regular Visitor

Agree, lack of an undo button in PowerBI is bizarre and annoying. Sometimes ctrl+z works for me, but not consistently at all.