Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Underlying error message This native database query isn't currently supported

I am getting the following error when trying to refresh a dataset since updating to the 3000.7.147 (July 2019) of the Data Gateway. Any of my workspaces and that are on the previous version are returning the same queries without error. 

2019-07-16_14h47_59.png

Something went wrong
Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying error code: -2147467259 Table: Appointments and Tasks.
Underlying error message: This native database query isn't currently supported.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: Expression.Error
Cluster URI: WABI-CANADA-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 884a1384-d279-4238-a60b-b2c3fdb9dac2
Request ID: e4eece1b-89c9-2a90-e3a8-a8cb821b27ce
Time: 2019-07-16 17:18:37Z

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @landries1988

Please download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, check if there is any error in table "Appointments and Tasks". Click on Refresh button to check if you are able to refresh the report successfully. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

landries1988
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

There are no errors when refreshing all tables in the report in desktop.

This data set is refreshing properly in other workspaces that are still using the prevous version 30000.6.204(June 2019(Release 2)) of the data gateway.

landries1988
Regular Visitor

UPDATE: I contacted Power BI support and determined the issue. This will be corrected in the August release and we are currently using the prevous version 30000.6.204(June 2019(Release 2)) of the data gateway as a workaround.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! I have the same issue, after I got the July gateway while on the June Desktop. Now that July is released, I still have the issue, so hopefully, the June gateway fixes it. It's only affecting my reports with multiple data sources.

EDIT: Power BI Support helped me after I submitted a ticket. It works now after I downloaded the June Gateway from here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-monthly-updates