Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Underlying data in Power Query randomly truncating in Dashboard mode

I am noticing in the last couple of days (maybe this is related to the July 2018 update?) data I have is not fully loading into my visualizations. When I look at the tables in Power Query mode, I see my complete dataset. However, in my graphs and also detectable in the Data grid mode in the Dashboard view, when I try to look at the complete dataset, I can see large series of the data truncated. Have others experienced this?

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@gsudhakar,

What is your data source? How many records do you have in the data source? Do you take any merge/append operations in Query Editor?

Regards,
Lydia

gsudhakar
Frequent Visitor

I am using an Azure SQL Server database as the source. There are about 3000 rows in my original dataset. And yes I do have a merge, an append, and also two separate instances of unpivoting the data. Thanks so much for the follow-up!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@gsudhakar,

This issue is related to this known issue in Power BI support site https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ . Please keep an eye on the update time.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@gsudhakar,

Please update your Desktop to Power BI Desktop August version, and check if the issue still occurs.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered