Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unclear Error in automatic dataset refresh

Hi,

I recievd the follwoing message from the power bi service , how to increase the allowed caches size?

Last refresh failed: Sat Mar 09 2019 19:20:13 GMT+0300 (Arabian Standard Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Data source error:We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: TransactionLN.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:b5de6d78-15d5-44b9-b308-e274fc44a554
Request ID:a5c0ee8e-ef96-4b46-8bda-ffae7b1e5e19
Time:2019-03-09 16:20:13Z

Comments
Ruchi
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am also receiving this same error since the past 3 days. There was no error before Thursday and nothing has been changed on the dataset being refreshed.

triciat

Same issue here since March 9th, 2019. I wonder if it was due to table size? Mine was about 750 MB, which was the largest one among all tables. 

My data source is OneDrive. But I had no problem refreshing the same data source through Power BI desktop. The issue occurred after publishing the report to Power BI Online

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
資料來源錯誤: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: lineitems.
叢集 URI: WABI-EAST-ASIA-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
活動 ID: 5fb90014-ac8c-4a8d-9533-3f1be74a919d
要求 ID: 5008b289-a399-78ba-b059-cd3179a743b2
時間: 2019-03-11 07:49:38Z

jaltarah

I already contacted Microsoft support and they are working on it,

if any of you have solved the issue then please share the details.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issues. Seems like a bug at the moment as my report stopped working around Friday last week as well.

Please vote this issue up so it gets noticed.

chturner
Regular Visitor

I have been seeing the same issue.  Just started this weekend.  My dataset is 730MB.

Data source error:We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: JobEfficiencyReport.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:7e0d9c0b-d76d-4977-bab0-bfe844ab60b4
Request ID:0269ca17-ff91-4517-a16f-a9ae2b64cf67
Time:2019-03-11 08:25:10Z
Ruchi
Regular Visitor

Hi

does anyone have any update on this issue?

chturner
Regular Visitor

I did find another post on the same issue.  At least someone from the Community Support Team responded to it initially, but there haven't been any updates since.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-Bi-Service-Cache-Error-on-Data-Refresh/td-p/641183

chturner
Regular Visitor

The issue is now mentioned on the main support page.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Some customers may experience the following error when attempting to perform a Refresh that utilizes M queries: “We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation. The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size”. Engineers are working on a fix and will provide an ETA soon.

Ruchi
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much for the information! 🙂

triciabi
Frequent Visitor

The updated the fix deploying date as end-of-day 3/19/19.