Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unchanged report works in 2.46.4732.581 broken in latest release 2.47.4766.542 - Desktop and Service

Hi all,

I have a report with included map control

oldPBIworks.png

it is unchanged we use it for showing to customers

when I open the same PBIX file with a newer version the map is broken and shows only one data point:

newPBIbroken.png

even though theres exactly the same data as in the first image. Also the data is still available for example in excel export.

It is the same PBIX file similarly the hosted unchanged report in the cloud has a broken map since the PBI service was updated.

I just deinstalled lates version and installed May version and there it works in desktop but of course I cant roll back cloud version to old release

PBIold_new.png

This is bad as we already sent the web link to the working cloud hosted set of reports to interested customers and now from one to the next month it broke without us doing anything. We used a static report with static data and unchanged definition and still it broke.

This is very strange.

Comments
cs_skit
Resolver IV

I solved it.

I filtered out / out of the Addresses:

CorrectedMapLocation = SUBSTITUTE(Customers[MapLocation];"/";" ")

Interestingly I had Slashes in the city field before in the old version without causing a problem.

Seems that the updated PBI does not pass the strings to bing maps perfectly fine. Maybe someone missed a "" somewhere.

Anyway I am happy I fixed it for my report before anyone complained.

cs_skit
Resolver IV

that wasn't it

I made a new field and that field wasn't categorized as "Address" anymore thats why it worked.

If I categorize the field as "Place" or "Uncategorized" it works.

The categorization "Address" worked before but doesn't anymore. 

cs_skit
Resolver IV

now that the June Blog is out it has to do with the improvement

Bing maps improvements

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-june-feature-summary/#geoHierarchy

finally you can pull multiples fields in of different Categories so you no longer have to put everything into one field only and it helps with locating something in the right country and such

THIS IS GREAT NEWS

cs_skit
Resolver IV

so this was reported as a BUG and PBI team is already working on solution

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Shape-Map-Not-Works-in-Desktop-but-not-Online/td-p/190532/p...

"this is a known issue and the team is working on this and by the end of Jun 13, this should be resolved,"

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cs_skit,

Please see my comment in this similar thread: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/URGENT-Map-Visualization-Not-Working/idi-p/190743/page/3#comm...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered