Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to use the RLS security bucket to add anyone

Hi ,

I am unable to add anyone to the RLS bucket today.

Comments
neilmanson60
Frequent Visitor

We are also hitting this issue also (in N Europe) - the AD users/Groups show in the Publish App screen but it won't show in the RLS screen.

boffin50
Regular Visitor

One of our community members has posted a possible workaround in the forums: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Row-Level-Security-not-allowing-new-entries/m-p/649814/high...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

You can keep an eye on the status of this issue in Support site: 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

IVALANGE46639
Frequent Visitor

Having same issues and just recently this week. I tried the workaround mentioned above to refresh but doesnt seem to work either. Noticible was the "Enter email addresses" should show up in RLS security where you add members - but when not working - you will notice its just blank and will not allow an entry.

The only other workaround I have is going to the "datasets" and under the ellipses - select security and works, can see the above where I can enter email members but very spotty/imtermittent when it does work. 

MarcioL
Helper I

I am having the same issue. Can't had anyon eto the RLS. Yesterday was working fine. Did anyone got a solution?

Bhartman30
Advocate II

A workaround that worked for our organization was to select "Test As Role" and then go back to the row level security. 

This worked when refreshing the page didn't. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The ETA is 3/29/2019. Please test again at the end of the 3/29/2019. 

q9.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mmerchak
Advocate II

@v-qiuyu-msft 
Since no one has come back to update, I'll let you know that I have not experienced this issue again since that date!

santiagomur
Resolver II

Hi, 

i have the same issue, when i choose someone on the slicer and then change the rls the slicer still showme the select person but all the visuals blank then when i select someone that the role can see, the select desapears and run in the correct way, but if the user don´t enter in the slicer and chance it manually the last filter is showing.