Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to update the data form an Oracle Database

Hello,

I have been experiencing issues with updating the data for published reports on Power BI.

I have multiple reports developed with PBI Desktop and the data connections to Oracle and been working for the last 6 months or so without any issues.

I have On Premise Data Gateway (Personal Mode) up and running.

As soon as I publish to a workspace and try to update it, it fails. See error below:

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_SignatureNotMatchCredentialError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_SignatureNotMatchCredentialError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: CPNT_T.
Cluster URI: WABI-CANADA-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 2ff5f8c1-f1ef-4a8c-977a-df648ec5e99b
Request ID: 7a0e5fdc-a58d-ea89-9569-4ad718497518
Time: 2021-12-07 19:05:55Z

And when trying to set the datasource credentials...

Failed to update data source credentials: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation.Hide details
Activity ID: 2ff5f8c1-f1ef-4a8c-977a-df648ec5e99b
Request ID: 6637f888-c740-772b-ce8f-75af6748e7c9
Status code: 400
Time: Tue Dec 07 2021 14:56:43 GMT-0500 (heure normale de l’Est)
Service version: 13.0.17257.48
Client version: 2111.5.08869-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

I confirmed that my credentials are working.

Please advise

Hi @lauzonm 

Thanks for your reply. From your reply, we learn that your issue has been resloved automatically. Please observe your dataset refresh in the future. If you still get this issue, please consider opening a support ticket with error message by following the steps in the blog.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @lauzonm 

May I knwo whether you get this issue when you refresh your report dataset after you republish it to Power BI Service?

What kind of connection are you using to create your report? Import or other connection modes?

Have you ever checked the status of your gateway and whether it is oneline? Is it the lastest version?

Best Regards,

lauzonm
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Please see answers below
Q:May I knwo whether you get this issue when you refresh your report dataset after you republish it to Power BI Service?

A:I Get the error when I refresh the data before and after I republish the report

Q:What kind of connection are you using to create your report?

A: I'm using both Oracle Database and Folder data Connections. Import only

Q:Have you ever checked the status of your gateway and whether it is oneline?

A: Yes, and it has always been online for the last 6 months...

Q:Is it the lastest version?

A: yes, 3000.106.11 (Nov 2021)

lauzonm
Regular Visitor

UPDATE...

Yesterday between 16h00 and 17h00, it started to work again. I did nothing on my side nor my network admins.

Was there a Microsoft issue all along? I tried to see if there was any outages but I couldn't find any reports.

Please advise

Matt

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @lauzonm 

Thanks for your reply. From your reply, we learn that your issue has been resloved automatically. Please observe your dataset refresh in the future. If you still get this issue, please consider opening a support ticket with error message by following the steps in the blog.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,