I have installed Power BI only to have "We weren't able to connect to the model" error, see details below. I've tried several of the suggested solutions here on the community:
- checked I have correct bit version and tried them both
- Reinstalled from the Microsoft website and the store
- Installed MV C++ 2015
- Run the software as admin
Only older version I found online version 2017 worked, but I can't eddit any of the dashboards as they are newer.
Feedback Type:Frown (Error)
Product Version:2.81.5831.821 (20.05) (x64)
Stack Trace:at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Storage.FileOpenError.HandleError(IWindowService windowService, LocalizedString title)at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.TryOpenOrCreateReport(IUIHost uiHost, ISplashScreen splashScreen, IFileManager fileManager, IFileHistoryManager fileHistoryManager, String filePath, FileType fileType)at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<Main>b__1()at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
OS Version:Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18362.0 (x64 en-GB)
CLR Version:4.7 or later [Release Number = 528040]
Peak Virtual Memory:37.3 GB
Private Memory:191 MB
Peak Working Set:265 MB
Supported Services:Power BI
You may take a look at the links below.
Hi @v-chuncz-msft ,I've followed the links you have indicated. I went through the Troubleshoot opening Power BI Desktop link and did the following:
- Installed Power BI On-premises data gateway (personal) - the personal one not the link for enterpirse as I'm not connecting to enterprise data source. - It did not work
- Uninstalled Power BI On-premises data gateway (personal) - did not work
- Run as admin - did not work
- SQL not applicable as I'm not connecting to SQL server.
- Clean boot did not resolve anything
I'm really lost now.
@Peter919 I am having the same issues for over a week now. I still have no solution. Absolute pain!
@Blair87 I hear you. Let's see if I get another suggestion from Community Support