Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to sign-in in Teams Power BI app while scheduling refresh for my datasets

Unable to sign-in with my organizational credentials in the Teams app, whereas am able to authorize the same using the web browser. The issue seems in the Teams Power BI app. Here are the steps i followed in the teams app before encountering the issue.

Step-1: Logged into Power BI app in Microsoft Teams

Step-2: Went to my specific workspace and the selected Datasets tab

Step-3: Under "Data source credentials" i tried to edit the credentials. (Note: my data source is in teams channel. So i have used web as source and connecting.)

Step-4: In the "Configure New", i selected "OAuth2" and Privacy as "Private" and tried to sign in. From here, nothing is happening. However, if i try the same steps in the browser, it worked. (Note: irrespective of any privacy levels, the page is not moving any further)

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I have reported this issue internally, ICM: 235523132

will update here once I get any information.

Regards,

Lin

sudhakarsha
Regular Visitor

@v-lili6-msft , Hi Lin

wondering if this issue has been addressed? If not, please check and let me know if it will be taken for resolution any soon? Thanks!

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

HI

I get this from MSteam pg:

This is a known issue. We currently don't have an ETA for this. I will check this with PM to get this reflected in document. 

Regards,

Lin

sudhakarsha
Regular Visitor

Hi Lin, did you get any response from the PM on this issue? This will ease lot of my app creations in teams powerbi. In my organization, we largely prefer having multiple apps in team rather using the browser. 

Regards,

Sudhakar