Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to show image linked with OneDrive/SharePoint URL into Power BI

Hi,

We are facing issue at Power BI service while trying to show image linked with OneDrive/SharePoint URL against key messages.  I have taken data category as ‘Image URL’ for that field and have access to onedrive/sharepoint as well. If we open the report directly at service level, it opens similar to below snapshot (Image:1).

Image 1Image 1

But if we have accessed any of the image previously using same browser what we are using for report access , it appears correct as below (Image: 2), seems like taking it from cache.

Image 2Image 2

Any thoughts , what could be the issue?

Thanks.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 115730644. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regrds,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I got the information below from PG team: 

This is due to credential issues. From Desktop, you cannot browse to OneDrive to get the token you need. In the web, if you browse to OneDrive first then to the report it will work, but only because you recently refreshed your token. For best results, use anonymous access links.

Please suggest users search the web first, there are articles about how to get your onedrive or sharepoint images publicly available so as not to require an auth token.

e.g. https://www.fourmoo.com/2017/09/26/power-bi-using-onedrive-to-embed-and-host-images-for-power-bi/

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu