Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to see reports in the main PBI Workspace list but can see them in the left hand side list.

Hello

I'm having an issue on PBI online that means i'm unable to add reports to an app even though they technicially exist. I've tried removing cookies but it's like they are being permanently hidden. If you could direct me to a way of unhiding them that would be great.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 11.37.56.png

"One thing i did notice is this occurred after i tried to hide reports from my favourites and frequents section on the homepage"

Thanks for this information. As you mentioned, if hiding the items in Recent or Favourites tab from Homepage, they could not be seen in the workspace list but you can see it and access it from left list.

As a workaround, you can go to General settings to restore these hidden items so that you can see them in the workspace list normally instead of removing datasets and republishing them.

vyingjl_0-1638265086989.png

vyingjl_1-1638265239375.png

Please see this document:Explore the nav pane 

The nav pane is another way for you to find the content you want, quickly. Content is organized in a manner similar to the Home canvas, but shown in lists instead of cards. Even if you hide content from the Home canvas, you can still access it from the nav pane.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Have you tried to use other broswers to check it?

In addition, did this issue happen in the specific workspace or all workspaces? And whether this report had been deleted by someone else who have access to this workspace?

Best Regards,

ldellarUCB
Frequent Visitor

Hello 

Thanks for replying, this seems to happen on all browsers, i tried this on Firefox, Safari and Chrome. The issue only happened in a specific workspace that is from the screenshot and there have been no deletions from others on the workspace. I can access the reports via the url links but just not in the main list. 

One thing i did notice is this occurred after i tried to hide reports from my favourites and frequents section on the homepage, i'm not sure if this is related but this only started occuring after this. It seems to be fixed by removing the dataset and republishing the report but this is not ideal. If i just try to republish the report on it's own with the existing dataset this does not work.

It's like this is only hidden for this specific page. 

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

"One thing i did notice is this occurred after i tried to hide reports from my favourites and frequents section on the homepage"

Thanks for this information. As you mentioned, if hiding the items in Recent or Favourites tab from Homepage, they could not be seen in the workspace list but you can see it and access it from left list.

As a workaround, you can go to General settings to restore these hidden items so that you can see them in the workspace list normally instead of removing datasets and republishing them.

vyingjl_0-1638265086989.png

vyingjl_1-1638265239375.png

Please see this document:Explore the nav pane 

The nav pane is another way for you to find the content you want, quickly. Content is organized in a manner similar to the Home canvas, but shown in lists instead of cards. Even if you hide content from the Home canvas, you can still access it from the nav pane.

Best Regards,

ldellarUCB
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Thanks alot for that, i didn't realise hiding them there would hide them everywhere.