Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to save the report in app.powerbi.com

Hey There,

for the last months, we are having trouble "save" reports, our workaround is to use "Save as..", delete the old report and rename the new one. 

Capture1.PNG

please help!

error message when trying to "Save"error message when trying to "Save"

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Idan_liniad,

Please find on issued report to do a test, delete the dataset and report, then republish the report, check if you are able to save the report on Power BI service. Please back up your report before deleting them(you can download report via https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-export-to-pbix).

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Idan_liniad
Frequent Visitor

Hey Qiuyun,

I'm having trouble deleting my problematic dataset, I have on this dataset around 30 reports that originally created in the Power BI service.

so I will not be able to save them before the deletion, in the tutorial you provide ("Export a report from Power BI service to Desktop") it's written that "The report must have been created using Power BI Desktop".

not sure how to go forward from here.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Idan_liniad,

Please keep an eye on the status of this issue in Support site: 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Idan_liniad
Frequent Visitor

Hey Qiuyun,

thanks for your answer, I will keep an eye on this status

Idan_liniad
Frequent Visitor

Hey Qiuyun,

looks like the issue you refer in your last comment was solved but I still encountering this issue.

Idan_liniad
Frequent Visitor

Hey Qiuyun, I still having trouble "Save" some reports and need to use "Save as..." and delete the previous report. 

please see the next screenshot with the issue:

"Save" is not working"Save" is not working