Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to save a report in PBI Service

Hello,

I cannot save newly created reports in Power BI Service, I get this error:

Something went wrong
Unable to save the report
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 21758b6f-77cd-4f2f-a873-e847e390f89b
Request ID: 16388ded-40b5-11fc-6ae0-0562611dcaf4
Correlation ID: 44edcdaf-d5fe-c637-c5b7-1692c2d14932
Status code: 401
Time: Wed Sep 26 2018 08:35:44 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Version: 13.0.6836.190
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

With old reports I don't get an error, but after saving I still see the old version of the report. This issue appears for the 2nd day. I do have all permissions, I am an admin of the reports. Please, give me some idea of how to solve it. Thank you!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

For one issued new report, please delete the dataset and report, then republish the report, check if you are able to save the report on Power BI service. 

If issue persists, please run fiddler with below option enabled, repeat steps to reproduce the issue. Share .saz file with us, you can upload it to your OneDrive and send to me via private message. 

Fiddler.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. That helped for new reports, however, when I save the previously created reports, it is said that everything is saved, but actually when I check, changes are not applied... Any suggestions? Thank you!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Does the issue happen to all old reports or some specific old reports? 

After you saving the change, please click on Ctrl + F5 to refresh the browser to see if changes display. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

Yes, the issue happens with all old reports. Yes, I do refresh browser, I actually already tried incognito mode; cleaned cookies and cash; and re-installed the browser... Nothing helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft

Now I started to get an error message when I try to save old reports, as well: 

Something went wrong
Unable to save the report
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: f3e3e573-7d42-4009-bf64-b4cfbaf16833
Request ID: 416cd16c-52c4-6f1b-b4e7-60d60bdfbe61
Correlation ID: 3085658a-2f1f-b33f-9026-3616f9d7b7ef
Status code: 500
Time: Mon Oct 01 2018 11:02:45 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Version: 13.0.6781.189
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft hello once again,

I also don't see a part of data which was previously there. I see the data till August while we do have it till September (including). Before I haven't had this bug. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Now to save something in the old reports, I each time upload the dataset and Save as New report. This takes lots of time, and also I still don't have the full data :((

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please keep an eye on the status of this issue in Support site: 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello once again,

I again cannot save the reports. It's said it's saved, but once I refresh it (also: opening in Incognito; opening in another browser; cleaning cookies and cash), I see non changes saved. Moreover, previously normally working reports now...lost some of their parts: some of my reports lost outline and colors I defined for them. Is there any possibility to try to fix it? Lately, each time I open Power BI, I am afraid something will go wrong again. It is very hard to plan anything in such situation 😞 I rely on your help.

Thank you and kind regards,

Taisiya