Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to retain filters on charts while using Bookmark

Suppose  we are using two Bookmarks say State and County and switiching between two charts,i.e when we click on State, we are able to see the sales according to state and if we click on County , we are able to see the sales of the counties. Now if i click on any one state, I expect the "Sales by County" chart to be filtered according to the one state i selected. But i am facing an issue with the same. It was working in the earlier version of PowerBI Service but now its having some issues. Kindly help with the same.Please find the Sample report attached for better understanding.

Please click on the link("Sample") above and carry out the following steps.

1. Click on the Region button

2. Click on the North Region

3. Click on the State button

Now i should be able to see the filtered States that lie in the North Region. Instead it resets to all states. 

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I am unable to view your report as it requires permission. It seems that you have got the same issue as described in this similar thread.

Currently, it is an expected behavior that clear any selections the visual is applying when it is hidden.  The behavior that filter/selection retains after selecting bookmarks is a defect of previous versions of Power BI Desktop. In your scenario, you can retain filter by using sync slicers or drillthrough feature.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue

Sample Report

The ability to retain visual filters when we click a Bookmark to hide one visual and show another. The visual which will be shown should retain the filters selected on the hidden visual.