Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to refresh from any SharePoint file (web source)

Hi team

I have a data model that combines SQL data and data from an excel which is stored to OneDrive/SharePoint. The refresh runs fine in Power BI Desktop but fails in the Power Bi Service:

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SharePoint: Request failed: URL TO FILE /_api/contextinfo"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SharePoint"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"URL TO FILE/_api/contextinfo"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: DM_VW_LOCATION

I've tried removing the excel source entirely and adding it again. I've also checked the provacy settings which are all set to organizational. Further, I tried to refresh the dataset in the service with another account, same result. The excel is a simple sheet with three colums. I use it in a join with the DM_VW_Location query also mentioned in the error.

Gateway runs the latest july version.

Thanks for looking into this!

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

When you combine/merge SQL Server data source and sharepoint/onedrive source in power query. You also need to add the sharepoint/onedrive source to gateway.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft 

Thanks for the insight Jimmy!

I am unable to add this source to the gateway as we are using an enterprise gateway. However, I've had the same issue before even with standalone queries, simply connected via relationships. Must've been another glimpse there. The refresh now works, thanks!