Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to refresh dataset

Hi,

I'm getting below error code, anyone can help?

Something went wrong
Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 7f51724f-6d29-4c95-a83e-078684ac325a
Request ID: 942891d1-f44e-d2f0-5bd0-3b1867c0d3e9
Time: 2019-05-15 04:08:32Z

Thanks,

David

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @david_nguyen

Please go to Dataset Settings, find the dataset, if the dataset requires gateway to refresh, ensure the gateway is online.

If the dataset uses the on-premises data gateway, please go to Manage gateways section, ensure the data source connection for the dataset is successful.

If the dataset uses the on-premises data gateway(personal mode, in Dataset Settings section, go to Data Source credentials tab, ensure all data sources credentials are specified. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

david_nguyen
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I'm using on-premises gateway which is in good status from Gateway Manager tab, also data source is pointing to my SQL is in successful connect status from my specify gateway. Privacy level is set as None for all.

Is there any further instruction?

Thanks,

David

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @david_nguyen

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

erming

You need open/whitelist for ip traffic from Power BI server to your data source!
Test my Power Query Editor code. Upload it to your workspace and update the data. Now you get the PBI server's ip address..

let
    Source = Table.FromColumns({Lines.FromBinary(Web.Contents("https://ifconfig.co/ip"))}),
    #"IP-address" = Table.RenameColumns(Source,{{"Column1", "IP address"}})
in
    #"IP-address"

Best Regards,
/Raymond Erming/