Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to refresh dataset which using two different data sources (Google Analytics and SQL)

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to build report in Power BI using two different data sources: Google Analytics and internal SQL data. For getting data from GA I'm using custom connector (GAAnalytics). Tables using different credentials to fetch data from SQL and GA and both working perfect in Power BI web(schedule refresh, demand refresh etc.). For schedule refresh I installed On-premises data gateway(personal mode). But after I just simply merge those two tables in one using power bi desktop its started failing refresh that particular merged table. In Desktop version all works fine even that merge, but in web when I push "Refresh Now" it returns me an error:

Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: Merge_Table.
Underlying error message:Credentials are required to connect to the GAAnalytics source. (Source at GAAnalytics.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:GAAnalytics
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:GAAnalytics
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:CredentialMissing
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"GAAnalytics","path":"GAAnalytics"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:CredentialMissing
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:539c972b-51a4-4fb5-8e5c-2e2639c786b5
Request ID:dae7fe5d-4937-9960-c010-354623e02a2f
Time:2018-09-25 12:24:03Z
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mrMe,

There is a built-in Google Analytics connector in Power BI desktop (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-google-analytics-connector), why do you use the custom connector? 

Please edit the data source with built-in Google Analytics connector  then republish the connector to Power BI service, enabled below options for the data gateway:

w1.PNG

Then go to dataset settings, configure the dataset use this data gateway, enter credential for Google Analystics data source, refresh it again. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mrMe
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for reply.

Built-in GA connector does not comply with my requirements because it is limited: there no flag which says me that data is sampled or not, and built-in connector does not have possiabily for using segments. 

And again, my custom connector working perfect on PBI desktop and PBI web-service with schedule refresh separatly. But as soon as I merge tables from different datasources (GA custom connector and SQL) it's starting to fail with message I posted above.