Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to refresh dataset/ Gateway issues

Hi,

I had issues starting from 15th Dec where the data refresh failed with error : "Your data gateway (personal mode) is offline or couldn't be reached." but the gateway wasnt offline.

On 16th Dec, the embedded pbi dashboard wasnt visible with error being : "Error while retrieving report embed details, Forbidden , Request id : ____". I tried updating workspace to the capacity settings which made the embedded dashboard appear but with no data, the error now is : "Resource Governing: This operation was canceled because there wasn’t enough memory to finish running it. Either increase the memory of the Premium capacity where this dataset is hosted or reduce the memory footprint of your dataset by doing things like limiting the amount of imported data. More details: consumed memory 1050 MB, memory limit 1049 MB, database size before command execution 2022 MB. Learn more, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2159753".I have installed Premium Capacity Utilization And Metrics app which clearly shows that capacity isnt overloaded in the evidence page but I can see that duration processing time is way more than CPU processing time.does this mean there is hurdle in fetching the data?

Please help in resolving.

Hi @rani_ontrac 

Do you have problems refreshing all datasets on Service? If only some of the datasets are having problems, have you compared them to each other?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
rani_ontrac
Regular Visitor

Please note that I am able to refresh the pbi file locally but unable to refresh the dataset in the pbi service.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @rani_ontrac 

Do you have problems refreshing all datasets on Service? If only some of the datasets are having problems, have you compared them to each other?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

rani_ontrac
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I have problem with refreshing from one of the dataset and the datasets with which I have no problem refreshing are having database located in AWS and have been connected via mysql connector whereas the dataset which has problem is connected via ODBC.

rani_ontrac
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

Please find more details : The dataset which has problem belongs to workspace also has other 3 datasets (which has database situated in AWS) which doesnt have any issues refreshing and has less data.

The related api connection for these datasets in azure has status 'error'. The web app, integration assistant has action required signs on the following: 

(1) If using the hybrid flow (e.g ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET web apps), enable ID tokens in the implicit grant flow.

(2) Use certificate credentials instead of password credentials (client secrets).

(3) If you want single sign-out, configure a Logout URL.

(4) If you are using the authorization code flow, disable the implicit grant settings.

rani_ontrac
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft

Please assist on how do I resolve this issue, many thanks in advance !!

rani_ontrac
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

Please find more details : 

Data source error:

Resource Governing: This operation was canceled because there wasn’t enough memory to finish running it. Either increase the memory of the Premium capacity where this dataset is hosted or reduce the memory footprint of your dataset by doing things like limiting the amount of imported data. More details: consumed memory 995 MB, memory limit 995 MB, database size before command execution 2076 MB. Learn more, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2159753. Table: ____.

Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: 84dcbd0e-935a-4391-a115-06c00d59dae6

Request ID: 402de3a3-3644-cbfb-45c9-96d2340b6178

Time: 2022-12-30 18:59:13Z

Kind Regards

Rani

Nitin_1703
Regular Visitor

i am also facing same issue in Version:2.119.701.0, 64-bit(July 2023) Whereas in Old Version these reports are publishing without any error.