Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to publish reports to App Workspaces

Suddenly, unable to publish reports ( with imported datasets) to PowerBI service APP Workspaces. Getting the error message "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found"

No issues publishing to "My Workspace"

Comments
jblackshear
Advocate III

I have experienced similar issues today.

First, tried to publish modifications to existing report to my workspace, as a first test before publishing it to the shared workspace shared by users. Got a message (eek, looks like I didn't save the clip I made of it) to the effect that I have more than one report named that already, and I have to save to a new name. I did confirm that I was logged in to the service and desktop properly. I had to save the desktop pbix as a new name (...v2) and publish that, then delete the original on the service, then rename the v2. At some point during my efforts and troubleshooting, I did get the 404 error cited above. Also, I did not have more than one file by the same name (turns out I didn't have one by that name in my workspace in the first place). I had only one file by that name. But I still had to save to a new name before I could publish.

Today was the first time with this problem, with a perfectly ordinary work process that I have been using regularly.

I am on a US gov tenant, if that helps identify the source of the problem. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @HexPowerBIDev,

Please open Power BI service, navigate to the target app workspace, click Get Data -> Files to see if you are able to publish the report successfully. 

@jblackshear Power BI government tenant is different from commercial Power BI, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu