Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to publish pbix to service

Getting error stating that the .pbix already exists and is set up with cloud refresh. This appears when attempting to publish pbix file to workspace.

I turned off all refreshes and onedrive updates in BI Service but still getting error.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @twalsh0625,

1. Which Power BI desktop version did you run? Have you tried the latest desktop version 2.46.4732.581 released on 5/5/2017.

2. Which data source did that .pbix connect to?

3. How about the result when you use Get Data -> Files -> Local file to republish .pbix?

4. Please use the Fiddler to capture trace and share the .saz file here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

twalsh0625
Advocate I

yes, version is the most updated

PBIX file attaches to several data sources, includeing csv and xls on sharepoint as well as queries from on premis SQL DB

publishing via the website created a duplicate dataset. This isnt ideal as the changes I am trying to publish impact current reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same issue. This is my first attempt at trying to publish this particular report since installing the latest (May 2017) PBI version.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@twalsh0625@Anonymous Until now, I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Is there any chance to use Fiddler, then repeat the steps to republish to service, save and share .saz file for us? So that I can send this information to let PG check where the issue is.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

twalsh0625
Advocate I

HI,

our IT GPO isnt very fond of what fiddler is doing. But I have done a bit of troubleshooting and can share the following:

1. Creating other PBIX files and publishing seems to work ok
  2. THe difference between those that worked and those that don't is the use of a file on a sharepoint document library as a data source in the PBIX
  3. I've attached a copy of the screenshot, notably lacking in my original post

Capture.PNG

also note that this issue was reported in the forums as well, link below

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Issue-Publishing-from-PowerBI-Desktop/m-p/171264#M23700

twalsh0625
Advocate I

I was able to retrieve a .saz file, where can I send it to?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @twalsh0625,

You can upload the .saz file to OneDrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

nborn1
Frequent Visitor

I am also having this issue. I refresh many reports on a monthly basis and did not run into this issue until I updated to the latest version of PBI Desktop.

twalsh0625
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft I sent you a private message with the Onedrive link to the .saz