Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to publish App after updating workspace

I have recently updated my workspace and am now unable to publish Apps, i am receiving the below error

• Activity IDefac1b14-f949-434f-b016-f22fa2dcb6a8
  • Request IDd89bd93d-d9cd-935a-a5c2-e3abbd763462
  • Correlation IDddaf0ad1-e381-d869-b089-1c461bd0c956
  • TimeFri Sep 02 2022 09:43:48 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)
  • Service version13.0.18945.52
  • Client version2208.4.12891-train

Any help appriciated 

Hi all,

The problem is being fixed gradually, and is expected to be completed by September 29 at the latest.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
jennadevries
Regular Visitor

Same, very frustrated. Need to at least be able to revert to the old app experience. 

JohnRobertsUK

I found the only solution was to unpublish the app and republish.

Painful as I had to re-add the audience, but it worked

crisp
Regular Visitor

I need a solution to this without unpublish my whole App.

Still waiting for revert option/downgrade.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @JohnRobertsUK ,

It’s a known issue that you may not able to update apps in the new app experience cause the organizational app updates now enforce the document limit of 100 users or groups. Public documentation already documents a limit of 100 users or groups to whom the app may be shared. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#considera....  Previously the product group were not enforcing this limit due to a bug. Recently, they started enforcing this limit. Some customers who update their app and have shared it to more than 100 users previously will run into an issue when updating the app. They are aware of this issue and are increasing the share-user limit to 1000 and that change is deploying to the product environment and will be finished before Mid September.

Currently, please try this workaround: The workaround is provided in the documentation itself. • You can have at most 100 users or groups in the access list for the app. However, you can give more than 100 users access to the app. To do so, use one or more user groups that contain all the desired users.

Best Regards,

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi all,

The problem is being fixed gradually, and is expected to be completed by September 29 at the latest.

Best Regards,