Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to open the datamart because it is not connected to its dataset

I see a message that the datamart cannot be opened because it is not connected to its dataset.  This message appeared after I tried to refresh the datamart.

Prior to this issue, I noticed the following issues with this datamart.

1. Sometimes the scheduled refresh would fail, but an on-demand refresh would work.
  2. Unable to modify relationships.  I tried changing relationship from both to single and this failed.  I then tried to delete the relationship and that failed.  I received a message that it was reverted back to the last save.
  3. When a dataflow had a column added, the datamart didn't handle this smoothly.  I had to open datamart, go to transform data (get power query open), refresh table, then save.  That seemed to help the datamart pickup the added column in the dataflow.
  4. Dataset created from dataflow had different last refresh date/time than the datamart.  The dataflow seemed to show the date/time of when it was first created.  After the datamart refreshed, I did not see the dataflow last refresh date/time change.
  5. Could not see refresh history for datamart.

Hi @eliz_psu,

There is an existing ICM for this kind of issue(ICM 317788142). According to the reply from the product group, this Datamarts should has been suspend. They has filed the bug and will release a fix for it to prevent a Datamarts go into unavailable state. But for the Datamarts that has been the unavailable state, they suggest replacing it with a new one. In the new Datamarts, you need reduce the data amount to avoid the error again.

Per our policy, we’d suggest you one problem in one post so we can focus on one issue to prompt the investigation. If you still have problems on, then please provide more info on it in new posts. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @eliz_psu,

There is an existing ICM for this kind of issue(ICM 317788142). According to the reply from the product group, this Datamarts should has been suspend. They has filed the bug and will release a fix for it to prevent a Datamarts go into unavailable state. But for the Datamarts that has been the unavailable state, they suggest replacing it with a new one. In the new Datamarts, you need reduce the data amount to avoid the error again.

Per our policy, we’d suggest you one problem in one post so we can focus on one issue to prompt the investigation. If you still have problems on, then please provide more info on it in new posts. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

eliz_psu
Regular Visitor

Thank you @v-cazheng-msft!  It feels like this mystery is solved.  I'm going to assume the other issues I experienced are related to the amount of data.  If I see them with less data then I will report them individually.

CrissKho

i am facing same issue but my data is pretty small and simple. I build a simple datamarts with only 30k rows.

There is no way to get back my dataset? Think i have to give up on datamarts.