Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to open pbix file

Hi,

I have downloaded the pbix file from app.powerbi.com. I'm unable to open it, getting an error message.

I'm using the latest version of Power BI.

Error.PNGversion.PNG

Comments
milankRaj
Advocate I

I am facing the same issue saying the new vesion is not compatiable. Please someone let me know how to solve this as I have project to deliver tomorrow.

AlexGorev
Power BI Team

Can you please try saving the PBIX file in the Service again and then try openning with latest Desktop version. If this does not help, can you share a sample report with me directly at alexgor@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Alex Gorev

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @nandukrishnavs ,

Please install 64-bit version of desktop for a try.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

nandukrishnavs
Super User

Hi @v-yulgu-msft , I have tried with the 64bit version, and it was not working.

nandukrishnavs
Super User

Hi @AlexGorev , It is not working. Since it is confidential data, I can't share it. I'm facing issues with only this file. Unfortunately, I lost the previous version and have to redevelop the report. 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @nandukrishnavs ,

Can this PBIX be opened on a different machine with latest desktop?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

miguelarce
Regular Visitor

it seems Power BI Desktop ( Version: 2.69.5467.2151 64-bit (May 2019) )
corrupts files at saving.

i just made the experiment of opening a copy of a working report, click save and closed the file just to get an error trying to open it again.

My reports only use one data source, a direct query sql data source, on the sql server side i can see all the failed login attepts for user '' (blank), at the same momen i have tryied to open the damaged files, so the data source information works except for the credentials that seems not to be saved correctly.

I get the same errors if i download a pbix copy of a published report, i cant get it to open the file, nor i get prompted to enter valid credentials nor it opens the report file so i can use the query edition tools to fix the querys.