Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to open document - We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model

I try to open a PBIX file as usual today, however it doesn't work with the following error message "Unable to open document - We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model."

The same file was just being open yesterday (Feb 18, 2020) & no issue before. My file name doesn't include any special character, my Power BI Desktop version is the latest as: 2.78.5740.721 64-bit (February 2010) This is the latest version just released at Feb 18, 2020.

I have tried Un-install the program, Re-boot PC and Re-install the program again, but still can't work. Could anyone help me on this ?

Comments
AlexandreVDB
Regular Visitor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the sharing, I installed the earlier verion & it works now !! Really apreciated.

AlexGorev
Power BI Team

We are still investigating this issue. Please use the December release of Desktop as a workaround: https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/8/0/880BCA75-79DD-466A-927D-1ABF1F5454B0/PBIDesktopSetup-2...

This issue only affects some machines and if you can help us investigating please reach out to me directly at alexgor@microsoft.com.

Thanks!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

You can keep an eye on the status of this issue in Support site: 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft has this been fixed? The awareness message posted by you is now gone from the support site.