Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to load data for visual on Browser, though it works on Desktop

I have visuals on the browser version that will not load although they are loading fine in the desktop version. This issue just started today and there have been no changes to the report.

Error Message:

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDa3da773b-27eb-47ce-ae65-22c02b21efaa
Request IDb08d4bd2-27b8-c8b3-4adb-0310d0bb0af4
Correlation IDe9612f10-4d77-2833-1b00-a4be37c2cccb
TimeThu Dec 08 2016 08:47:17 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.761

Thanks!

Comments
AlexCrane
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue. Desktop version is fine - Service is showing the same error. Issue started today.

doug_haines
Frequent Visitor

Getting the same error message. It may be an issue with the version 13.0.1700.761. 

errormessage.JPG

AlexCrane
Frequent Visitor

Is anyone able to raise this with the Power BI team?

Rajiv
Advocate I

Yes, exactly same issue. Started yesterday for me. It was working perfectly earlier. There are many other visuals displaying fields with way more complex formulas. But here is the formula if that helps in narrowing down the issue.

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Customer[CustomerID]),FILTER(Customer,DATEDIFF(Customer[Date],TODAY(),DAY)<=7))

PBIError.JPG

SuperBob

I've noticed that this error appears when I use aggregation over DAX calculated columns in DQ mode.

If I replace those DAX calculated columns with columns calculated in a database view then this issue disappears.

And I've met a similar issue in the last update when I use Grouping of Columns. It was working in October and November but now any visual with such grouped column cannot display the data – I see only a spinning wheel turning round and round. The same visual in Power BI Desktop works perfectly.

AlexCrane
Frequent Visitor

SuperBob - I have the same issue (aggregation with DAX), but the issue was resolved for one of my calculated columns by changing the SUM function to a COUNT (not sure why I had the SUM in there in the first place to be honest).

I'm unable to do this for other columns so could do with MS resolving this ASAP - has anyone raised a ticket?

doug_haines
Frequent Visitor

@SuperBob the issue as I see it is that these measures/calculated columns worked online before the latest software update. Now these measures/calculated columns do not work online. This is an issue. I shouldn't have to change a dataset after each software update.

SuperBob

@doug_haines 

For sure I don't want you to modify your datasets.

I just wanted to give some hints to those who are desperately fighting with this issue (just like I did) and to the Power BI team to help them to find the root cause of this issue and fix it finally

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@elainam

Please check if your visuals meet following situation. There is a known issue in http://support.powerbi.com now.

Users with Direct Query datasets for which they have defined calculated columns and then measures using those calculated columns will experience errors for any visuals using those measures. Engineers have identified the issue and are currently working on a fix.

Best Regards,

Herbert

AlexCrane
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Herbert. Eagerly anticipating the fix...