Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to format by field value in textbox

When creating a report in the service, I insert a textbox but I am unable to change the title based on a field value.

No fields appear. 

Instead I see "placeholderText"

This same box appears when I want to format the colour of a card visualisation based on a field value

PBI textbox issue.jpg

As far as I know from PG team, currently it could be used as a temporary workaround to mitigate this issue, engineers are working on fixing it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM:300120408), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Update:

Possible workaround: Add ?conditionalFormattingModern=1 to the end of the URL to turn on the feature switch for the modern conditionalFormatting dialog which does not have this issue. 

Best Regards,

TrevLc
Advocate I

Thank you, but we cannot expect everyone to add something to the URL when creating a report.

Will the issue be fixed without having to add anything to the  URL?

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

As far as I know from PG team, currently it could be used as a temporary workaround to mitigate this issue, engineers are working on fixing it.

Best Regards,