Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to find Google Analytics App in AppSource

My team's ultimate goal here is to add the Google Analytics app to our PowerBI tenant, so we can see our company's Google Analytic statistics. 

There is a lot of existing documentation on how to get the Google Analytics app via AppSource, but my team and I are unable to actually find the Google Analytics app in the AppSource. In other words, we type in the words "Google Analytics" in the app search field and only a 3rd party app (i.e. Havens Consulting) shows. All of the documentation online show a Google branded app.. but I do not see that.

I've reached out to PowerBI support and was directed to someone in India. They told me that the product team has confirmed that this is a known issue and has been given a "High Severity" rating. Not 100% sure what that means/entails. I wanted to reach out to this community to see if I have exhausted all options, or if I have completely missed something here. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 117865498. I got below information from PG team below: 

"The Google Analytics content pack was removed. Going forward, users can use the partner developed app to gain insights on google analytics data."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Do you know if there are plans to add the original Google Analytics app back into the AppSource??

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm contacting it internally. Will update to you once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have this same issue, any news? Really in need of this app!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"The Google Analytics content pack was removed. Going forward, users can use the partner developed app to gain insights on google analytics data."

What partner developed app would you recommend on using to connect GA? Thanks
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous I got information that "No, there are no plans to bring the original app back. It has been deprecated."

@Anonymous  You can use this app: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi/havensconsulting-5394111.123?tab=Overview

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable